When purchasing ghd stylers, you need to be careful because you might just get a fake ghd hair straightener, or nothing at all. Online shopping should be fun, free from stress of dodgy goods and online scams especially when you’re too excited to receive your very own genuine ghd styler. Here’s what you need to know to make sure you’re not getting a fake.
- Always buy from a reputable website, such as www.ghdhair.com. When buying ghd products use their Website Checker to make sure you buy from a ghd authorised stockist.
- Choose your payment method carefully. Always use a card or payment service that can refund you if something should go wrong. A credit card is more likely to provide this safety net, so try to use a credit rather than a debit card.
- When it comes to entering your card details always check that “https” is displayed at the start of the address bar at the top of your page so you know that your details will be encrypted.
- Look out for the padlock symbol in your browser this denotes that the connection on the page is secure.
- Be on the lookout for poor spelling, grammar and use of English, this can indicate that the website is not professional and more importantly, not the real deal.
- Don’t be fooled by unbelievable offers and prices-if something is too good to be true, it probably is. Scams will offer slashed prices such as 60% off or “no tax” to dupe you into thinking you’re getting a good deal. What if that amazing bargain isn’t what you bargained for and what you get is a defective fake item? What if someone starts draining money from your account or if that latest electrical gadget was a fake and could cause electric shock?
- Do your research! Does your favorite brand still make the item you think you’re about to buy? Or did it ever make it? Criminals will slap the name of a luxury brand on anything if they think it will sell!
- Is there a contact email address and does it look professional? ghd will never contact you using a gmail or hotmail address.
- Make sure your computer has up to date antivirus software installed.
- Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiry.
If you’ve already bought a ghd straightener, here’s how to check if it’s genuine.
- Hologram Code – The hologram code can be found on the label attached to the power cord of your styler, it is the alphanumeric code directly below the bar code
- The date code can be found on the product information sticker on the inside arm of your styler next to the word Date Code
Info taken from http://bewareoffakes.ghdhair.com/
Published: 2011-07-27 15:20:19