Sharing with you a French Toast recipe that’s perfect for lazy mornings. It instantly became a hit the first time I tried it. I’m sure your family (especially the kids!) will love it too.
Bud’s Cinnamon French Toast is a recipe by Beachbumette from BigOven. It’s in the recent raves section with a lot of positive reviews from the community. If you have an iPhone/IPod Touch, download the BigOven app or, register to become a member at www.bigoven.com.
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- slices of bread
- powdered sugar
- Beat together with a fork the eggs, milk, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl (large enough to lay a slice of bread in).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Dip a slice of bread into the mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Place the slice of bread into the skillet to cook. Once the bottom side is browned, turn the it over to brown the other side. Transfer to a plate when done.
- Sprinkle the toast lightly with cinnamon and sugar, if desired. Drizzle syrup over the toast and enjoy!
- Repeat steps 1-5 for remaining bread slices.
According to reviews, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and nutmeg for extra flavor. If you don’t have powdered sugar, the ordinary granulated sugar will do. McCormick has a selection of herbs and spices in bottles, including cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also check out the less expensive SM Bonus brand in plastic packs.
- “French toast is a food made with bread and eggs.” – wikipedia.org
- “The first thing to know is that French toast isn’t really French at all. The first piece of bread to be soaked in egg batter and cooked seems to have originated in Rome.” – recipes.lovetoknow.com
- “Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) is a tree belonging to the Lauraceae family. The bark of the tree is what is used as a spice.” – healthdiaries.com
- “Cinnamon has many health benefits. It has shown promise in the treatment of diabetes, arthritis, high cholesterol, memory function, and even leukemia and lymphoma.” – healthdiaries.com
Published: 2011-05-13 15:12:46