Clara Ole Cheesy Tuna Pesto
We’ve just moved in recently to our new (but old) apartment. The kitchen was still in chaos so I cooked a very simple pasta dish for my family. I apologize for the crappy photo. I couldn’t find my digicam so I took a shot with my iPod. Thank you daddy for the non-stick pan.
I can cook pesto with fresh basil leaves and a food processor but unfortunately that night, both were not available. I managed to find in a grocery bag Clara Ole’s Cheesy Pesto and penne pasta. Perfecto.
- 2 packs of Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Pasta Sauce
- 400 to 500 grams penne pasta (or any pasta of choice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cans of tuna (tuna in water or in brine)
- salt (adjust to taste)
- sliced black olives, chopped cashew nuts, grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in pan and saute garlic. Add tuna and salt. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Sauce. Shake well before opening.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes more and pour over cooked pasta.
I sprinkled McCormick Basil Leaves for extra flavor and aroma. If you don’t have olive oil, open the Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Sauce and pour some from the pack. I also removed the excess olive oil after cooking the sauce. I don’t want my pesto swimming in oil. The next time I’m going to cook this again, I’m throwing in black olives, cashew nuts, and parmesan cheese.
Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Pasta Sauce is the real deal and not the powdered mix type. If you want gourmet cooking in a flash, try this recipe at home. Fresh, easy, and with no MSG.
Published: 2011-10-11 20:26:11