DIY Summer Fashion
It’s summer season again and I think it will be such a waste to buy a new set of clothes. I gave my closet a good rummage last week and I’ve decided to give away and remake some of my clothes. I will be sharing tips on how to recycle T-shirts and maxi dresses to create new, trendy pieces – DIY style.
The Maxi Dress
- If you think maxi dresses are so 2008, convert it to a knee skimming summer frock by using a technique called draping. You can cut your maxi dress to a desired length and style.
- Wear a vintage belt or brooch.
- Bead and stud embellishment along the neckline will make your maxi dress look new. Check out Very for embellished maxi dresses.
The Old Tee
- Your old t-shirt can be made into a tank top: Cut off both sleeves, cut the sides (it should turn out to be like an apron, and make sure it still fits you after the cut), make holes along the sides, then lace it up.
- Create a summer tube top: Cut the upper part (below the underarm seams), sew a garter and put lace on top. Check out cutoutandkeep.net for more diy fashion projects.
Note: This is a sponsored post.