This Ginisang Pechay at Tokwa recipe is originally from Mama Sita’s Lutong Bahay recipe book. The book contains a handful of easy-to-cook recipes for home chefs and mommies like me. I first cooked this healthy veggie dish last week together with my husband and we were so surprised that it turned out great. It’s inexpensive and easy to prepare. Plus, it’s a healthy dish for the whole family.
Ginisang Pechay at Tokwa (serves 4)
You can adjust the amount of Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce to your liking. I put 3 instead of 2 tablespoons. It’s also better if the pechay is half-cooked. Enjoy!
4 tbps cooking oil
1 pc (100 g) tokwa (tofu)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 pc onion, sliced into strips
2 pcs ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsps Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce
3 bunches pechay, washed and cut into half
3 tbsps water
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and fry tokwa until golden brown. Drain and set aside. Let it cool then cut into squares, preferably 1/2 inch thick.
- In the same wok, saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Wait until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the tokwa squares, water, and Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce.
- Add the white part of the pechay and stir for 30 seconds, then add the green leafy part.
- Cook on high heat for a minute, turn off the heat, then cover. Do not overcook the pechay.
Published: 2012-10-24 13:27:33