Have a Germ-Free 2013 with Domex + Giveaway (Closed)
The annual World Toilet Day celebration here in the Philippines took place last November 19, 2012. Domex, Unilever’s leading household cleaning brand, in cooperation with UNICEF and PPHA, started to educate people through education programs upholding proper bathroom sanitation. The World Toilet Day aims to improve the health and well-being of 1 billion people by 2020, and to help prevent diseases, even deaths, through proper sanitation. The event had mobilized UNICEF and the Philippine Public Health Association to join the cause. Representatives from said groups were also joined by Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim in fulfilling their respective duties on the international day of action. The initiative was launched in San Lazaro Hospital in Manila City and will be sustained through 2013.
2.5 billion people across the globe do not have access to clean, private and functional toilets. Of this number, millions contract infectious diseases brought about by poor sanitation in public restrooms. Every surface in public restrooms – faucets, flushers, handles, doorknobs, and anything that comes into direct physical contact with humans – are populated with germs, posing health and safety threats. Bacteria is known to thrive in environments with greater moisture levels, toilets become easy breeding grounds for these harmful microorganisms. The risk is further amplified in hospital restrooms, where users are commonly exposed to communicable diseases. In the Philippines, the problem is prevalent in public areas, particularly in schools and hospitals with communal toilet setups.
Imparting the value of health and proper sanitation, “Unilever is committed to improve the health and well-being of 1 billion people globally by 2020 through the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan or “USLP”.” said Unilever Brand Marketing Manager, Jay Go. “Domex will play a huge role in making this a reality. The product, with its thick bleach formulation, is ideal in keeping the toilet germ-free, drastically reducing the risk of virus contamination thus preventing people from contracting illnesses like influenza, diarrhea, and hepatitis,” he added. Visit the Domex Philippines website for more info.
As a homemaker, I always make sure that our house is a safe and healthy place. Keeping the house clean and germ-free regularly is such a tedious job but with proper scheduling and implementation, it can definitely be done with ease . Here are some tips on how to maintain a clean and healthy environment:
- Make antibacterial soaps/liquid soaps available in the kitchen and in the bathroom.
- Train your kids to use alcohol and/or hand sanitizers as often as possible, everywhere they go.
- Always wash your hands clean before switching activities.
- Color-code your gloves to prevent you from using the same gloves in the different parts of the house (see Domex infographic above)
- Clean the bathroom regularly using a powerful bleach (like Domex) to prevent bacteria build-up.
- Always make sure to clean tabletops, kitchen counters, and sinks before and after using them.
- Equip yourself with the right cleaning tools and effective products to help make your cleaning tasks much easier.
- Set a cleaning schedule for each area of the house.
Unilever Philippines is generous enough to give out 2 Domex Bleach gift packs to 2 of my readers (one for each). The first two (2) commenters to share his/her ultimate house cleaning tips will receive the gift packs. Kindly leave your name and email address so I can contact you. 🙂