Review: Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream
Dr. Jart Detox Healing BB Cream – Black Label
Price: Php 1,940.00 (50 mL)
Finally, after using Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream for two to three weeks I can now post my review. The “Black Label” is Dr. Jart’s flagship product in the Philippines and also their most recommended product for Pinays. And compared to women who’ve used a few BB cream brands before, this is my first ever BB Cream.. So I may have no other comparisons to start with but expect a detailed and honest review.
BB Creams (Blemish Base or Blemish Balm Creams) are known for their whitening and concealing properties and at the same time giving your face a radiant “glow“. They are originally made for Korean skin but Asians in general may use it too. Dr. Jart is a Korean cosmetic brand that recently launched its 4 BB cream variants claiming to make the Philippines a blemish-free nation. Amen to that!
SPF 25 / PA++
Whitening & Anti-Wrinkle
This unique triple action formula containing innovative active ingredients aims at naturally covering skin blemishes, protecting skin from UV ray and activating skin rejuvenation. It also smoothes wrinkles and fine lines while providing nourishment to the skin.
It has a creamy texture with a slightly pinkish hue and it smells almost the same as my Pond’s Flawless White facial scrub.
The firstÂ time I tried it I thought my face was too white or too pink, but after some time the color melted perfectly and naturally on my skin. It has a creamy, blendable texture and a few dabs make my complexion a few shades lighter, like I’ve applied a tinted moisturizer. Before I tried the cream, I had a red pimple that was starting to form on my forehead. The next day after I used the cream, I can hardly see the pimple.Â I assume this BB cream helps stop pimples from growing too. It also has a powerful moisturizing effect making my skin look dewy, which I love.
These are my Before & After shots. The first photo is my “naked skin”. The second photo shows a “just right after” application. Take note that I’m only wearing the Black Label BB cream, no concealers, mascara, powder foundation, etc.
The Black Label BB cream solved my two major skin concerns – dark circles and dull skin tone.
So how do I use thee?
- I use my fingertips. I haven’t tried a wedge sponge but I’d like to when I have a special occasion to attend. They say that using a wedge sponge will produce a more even & flawless application.
- I put 20 dots of BB cream around my face, straight from the tube.
- I love wearing it alone! I [once] used it as a base for my Ellana mineral powder foundation but I think using them both makes my face way too “white” and overdone for everyday use. So I wear it alone. Most of the time I don’t have to use powder and concealer anymore.
- I apply it by 6AM in the morning and wear it ’til night (without touch ups!)
Take a closer look!
- Excellent for dry, normal, and combination skin
- Can be worn alone, hence a shorter prep time
- Sheer and natural (light coverage)
- Easy to blend using fingertips
- Lightweight, you can barely feel it’s there
- Good oil control inside airconditioned rooms/areas
- With SPF 25 for daily use
- Gives you that “rosy” white glow in an instant
- A little amount makes wonders
- An all-in-one beauty aid – moisturizer, whitening cream, sunscreen, concealer, foundation, and night cream
- Not good for women with oily to problem skin
- A bit expensive (50 mL tube is Php 1,940.00), however, a tube may last for more than 6 months
- Poor to fair oil control in humid and extremely humid situations
- Available at selected salon establishments for now
- If you hate the extra shine, bring a pack of oil control film with you.
- Cleanse your face and your fingertips before application.
- FYI, you can actually sleep with it at night because of its healing properties. Personally, I don’t leave it on my face overnight because I want my skin to “breathe” and repair itself naturally.
- When applying BB cream on your face, lightly dab it down your neck so your face color also matches your neck.
- For women with oily and acne-prone skin, you might want to consult your dermatologist first about this product.
Dr. Jart BB creams should be available at Mercury drug outlets prior to the product launch but unfortunately, there have been unforeseen delays with product distribution. But don’t worry ladies ’cause I have good news for you! You can now purchase them at these selected salon establishments:
- Salon de Ayala – Ayala Alabang Country Club, Muntinlupa City
- Studio One Salon and Beauty Center – 9/F ALTU 77 Sct. Tobias cor. Mo. Ignacia St. South Triangle Q.C
- Sonaire Salon and Spa – Bldg 220 Tomas Morato St. Q.C.
- Krizallis Salon Beauty Central – Unit 3 Village Center Bldg. 187 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave. Libis Q.C.
- Paradigm Salon – Paseo 3 Paseo de Sta. Rosa Don Jose, Sta. Rosa Laguna
- Levy Brazuela Salon – Lot 4 Gatchalian Sucat, Paranaque City
And YAY! Dr. Jart+ is now available at the following top outlets:
SM MOA Gen Ex Watson’s
SM MOA Department store
SM Makati Department store
SM Mega Mall Department store
SM North Edsa Department store
I hope this review helped you a lot =)
Thank you Dr. Jart, even after an exhausting day my skin still glows! (No Photoshop needed! LOL)
After 2 weeks of using the Black Label (12 hours long, 1 application, without face powder)
After 1 month of using the Black Label (more than 12 hours long, 1 application, with face powder)
Published: 2010-06-03 23:48:43