The Sour-Savory Goodness of the new AJI-SINIGANG Cube
I love Sinigang and my family requests for it on a regular basis. The irresistible sour-savory soup is just perfect during rainy days, and even in summer!
Sinigang Soup is a ‘must’ in most Pinoy households’ weekly menu. It has been observed though that most people using sinigang mixes available in the market would need to add other savory and meaty seasonings i.e. pork cube and all-in-one seasonings to achieve the ideal sinigang taste, which is not just about sourness but savory taste as well.
Well, here’s the new Ajinomoto® Sinigang Cube — all that you will ever need to cook Sinigang with the preferred blend of sour-savory (asim-linamnam) taste. It is perfect in providing the balanced rich, savory deliciousness and appetizing sourness to any sinigang dish. Each cube is “ZoopSiksik™” because it is packed with the right level of tamarind sourness and savory taste from meaty extracts.
AJI-SINIGANG® Cube is available in single 13g pillow pack cube for P5.00 and 8 pieces of 13g packed in re-sealable stand-up pouch for P38.00.
Here’s the Asim-Linamnam Pork Sinigang recipe. Cooking sinigang using the Aji-Sinigang Cube is as easy as Boil, Simmer, and Season & Simmer! Enjoy!
- 2 pieces AJI-SINIGANG® Cube
- ½ kilo Pork liempo, Sinigang cut
- 90 grams Tomato, quartered
- 30 grams Onion, quartered
- 1 ½ liter Water
- 90 grams Gabi
- 80 grams Labanos, sliced diagonally
- 45 grams String beans, cut into 1 ½”
- 90 grams Kangkong
- 1 piece Green chili
- Boil pork in water for 40-50 minutes until tender.
- Add gabi and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add AJI-SINIGANG® Cubes and other vegetables. Simmer for 5 minutes until cooked.
Thank you #mommybloggersph for introducing me to this new kitchen staple! 🙂