My Rating: ★★★★★
Another winner from BigOven.com! This Sweet, Sticky and Spicy Chicken recipe by AnnetteKitchen is a surefire way to excite the whole family. If you’re bored with cooking and eating fried chicken, try this chicken with honey recipe and it’ll be sweetness with a kick in no time. Download the BigOven iPhone App for more recipes.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bag and coat the chicken breasts. Fry chicken until about 80% – 90% done.
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small sauce pan and simmer. This should help thicken the sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken in a different pan and let it simmer (uncovered) for about 8-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
I cooked 14 chicken legs instead of breasts and tripled the amount of the ingredients. Make sure you cook the chicken well because mine turned out a bit raw. 🙁
For the side dish, I made Garlic and Rosemary Green Beans by 1morestamp. Drizzle olive oil in pan and saute chopped garlic. Add string beans, rosemary, and salt. Stir-fry until beans are cooked.
Published: 2011-10-05 08:56:16