Top 10 Advantages of Digital Signage in a Retail Environment
WAV Atmospheric Branding, a progressive company specializing in Sensory Marketing, helps retail stores create effective and engaging in-store retail experiences through digital signage.
A digital signage (or dynamic signage) is a video broadcast aimed at a very narrow niche audience, in which video or multimedia content is displayed in public places for informational or advertising purposes. It usually consists of a computer connected to a large, bright digital screen such as an LCD.
WAV digital signage Asia take different forms, from the biggest of screens, to flexibles that curve and follow the shape of your walls, to the tiniest that can placed on a table top. Having one in a retail setting is beneficial to both the brand and the customer.
Here are the top 10 advantages of digital signage in a retail environment:
- Increase ROI by up-selling, featuring new items, and displaying promos. Digital signages provide a dynamic way to highlight product stories and suggest add-on sales.
- Influence customers’ purchase decisions. Most purchase decisions are made in store, so a digital display that uses a combination of high quality images and music can have a powerful influence on buying decisions. In a Nielsen survey of 1,000 shoppers, 68% of respondents said in-store messages would sway their purchasing decisions.
- Customers learn more about the brand. Incorporate upcoming events, specials, HR news, and even brand history, goals, and achievements using a video-based medium.
- Content can be easily updated. One of the great benefits of digital signage is its ability to update content with just one click [of a mouse button]. Updated content can already be displayed in minutes.
- Enhances customer experience. Shopping experience comes alive with info-tainment ads. In a Nielsen survey of 1,000 shoppers, 42% said they would rather shop at a store with video displays.
- Helps reduce perceived wait times. Customers get upset if you make them wait, but retail stores can use instore digital media to reduce queue lines.
- Environment-friendly. Repeated printing of ads and posters means more landfill. With digital signages, printing & delivery materials will be eliminated.
- Cost-effective & convenient. Recurring costs associated with printing and shipping of static materials can be eliminated. The staff also won’t have to replace or remove static display boards at the appropriate time.
- Ensures a visual consistency & compliance across multiple locations. Having a consistent theme in all retail branches is important in building a strong brand image.
- Web connectivity. To promote new forms of engagement — display real-time updates from the brand’s social media profiles, invite customers to download an app, gather Facebook likes, increase Twitter followers, and so on.
WAV Atmospheric Branding Philippines
208 VM Condominium
146 Amorsolo Street
Makati City, 1229
(+632) 519-0001, 519-0205,
Published: 2015-05-30 15:57:58