Century Tuna Sisig Recipe
I’ve discovered a delish way to enjoy Century Tuna. Super thanks to Flavours of Iloilo blog for this Century Tuna Sisig recipe. What more could I ask for when two of my food faves [tuna and sisig] make one yummy dish?
- 2 cans of Century Tuna Flakes in Vegetable Oil
- 2 siling-labuyo (bird’s eye chili aka red chili pepper) or 2 green chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 or 2 sibuyas Tagalog (red shallots/red onions), chopped
- 1-2 calamansi (calamandarin)
- 3-4 tablespoons vinegar (adjust to taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- Cook tuna in a cooking pan over medium heat. Remove excess oil (optional).
- Add the chopped chilis, garlic, vinegar, and soy sauce. Simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add in chopped onions. Simmer for another 30 seconds.
- Move tuna on one side of the pan and start cooking the egg on the other side.
- Turn off the heat when the egg is 70% done. Add calamansi juice then serve.
My all-time favorite is the classic Century Tuna Flakes in Oil. Now’s the perfect time to experiment after years of my “heat then eat” habit. Don’t worry, this won’t need a high level of cooking expertise. Even a kitchen noob like me received praises for trying this recipe.
By the way, this is only one of hundreds of recipes that you can cook using [canned] tuna. Check out two of my no-fail tuna recipes – Pasta Carbonara with Sausage and Tuna (a creamy carbonara recipe) or Clara Ole Cheesy Tuna Pesto (a pesto dish with a twist.) Tuna is also great for making sandwiches and salads. Plus, don’t forget that it’s a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
I’m the only one who enjoys spicy-hot food at home so I usually skip chopping the chili peppers. You may also add minced ginger and fresh ground pepper. Oh, if only there’s a sizzling plate available in the kitchen! Having said that, I might consider buying a pair of ’em plates for me and hubby.
I hope you enjoy [cooking and eating] this Century Tuna Sisig recipe. I look forward to hearing how it goes!
Published: 2011-06-17 16:42:13