PlayStation 3 Slim in Classic White!
I received my first PlayStation (PS1) as a gift from my Dad when I was in grade school. I was a tomboyish girl back then so we [my PS & I] had a blast with gaming in the past. I played Crash Bandicoot, Tekken 3, Street Fighter vs. Capcom, Gran Turismo, Bomberman, Monster Rancher, Tomb Raider (only inside the mansion LOL), and Barbie (why not?). I also bought a lot of pirated games that I thought were cool but didn’t get the chance to play them all.
Last week, my husband finally bought himself a PlayStation 3 Slim in Black. He asked that we play Resident Evil 5 together. I haven’t played the older versions of RE because.. Uhmm.. Okay, I’m a plain coward. I get shaky whenever zombies appear on the screen and I often hit the Start button to let them freeze. But now I’m getting the hang of it and getting used to killing stupid majinis and the likes. I just find enemy targeting a little hard, if only there’s an”auto-target” setting.
According to tech news, White PS3 Slim with a whopping 160GB HDD will be hitting Japan for 34,980 yen (about USD $400). Its color will be “classic white” as opposed to the original “ceramic white”. And compared with its black counterpart, this looks “immaculate”.
PlayStation Facts from Wikipedia:
- Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment
- First introduced in Japan on December 3, 1994
- The original PlayStation was the first “computer entertainment platform” to ship 100 million units, which it had reached 9 years and 6 months after its initial launch
- the PlayStation 2 is the best-selling console to date, having reached over 140 million units sold as of September 30, 2009
- Sony’s current console the PlayStation 3 has sold over 35.7 million consoles worldwide as of March 31, 2010
- Shuhei Yoshida is the President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios