For less than 200 pesos you can treat yourself a tasty heavy meal from World Chicken. Their main dish is Grilled Chicken (deboned) poured over with your sauce of choice, and a variety of sidings to choose from like pasta dishes, muffins, salads, and rice.
My “power meal” trio is Grilled Chicken with Farm Fresh Mushroom Sauce, Bacon Rice, and Potato Salad.Â At first, I never liked the bitter taste of burned meat mixed with the farm fresh mushroom sauce but it soon became my fave after a few visits. I prefer eating rice too instead of pasta and because I’m a bacon lover, I’ll always have bacon rice. They also serve one of the yummiest potato salads. Their potato salad has a light buttery taste garnished with parsley and ham. It doesn’t even smell or taste like mayonnaise and that’s why I love it.
Craving for potato salad? Here’s a kitchen-approved recipe from allrecipes.com! Happy eating!
Potato and Bacon Salad by readernut
- 5 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 2 pounds small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and place in a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Peel the eggs, and place 3 of them into a large bowl. Reserve the rest for later. Mash the eggs in the bowl with a fork. Stir in the mustard, mayonnaise, celery, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon slices in the microwave for about 4 minutes, until crisp, or fry in a skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble 2 of the bacon slices into the mayonnaise mixture. Reserve the rest for garnish.
- Peel and chop the potatoes, and stir into the bowl until evenly coated. Slice the 2 remaining eggs, and place on top of the salad. Crumble the remaining bacon over the eggs, then sprinkle parsley over the top.
Published: 2010-07-05 08:12:22