DIY Foot Spa at Home
Your feet may not be your crowning glory but they’ve got one of the toughest jobs around – they carry you wherever you go. So you might as well start showing your feet some TLC and give them the attention they really deserve. Regular pampering shouldn’t be a burden and shouldn’t cost that much. So here are some tips, recipes, and products to get you started with your DIY home foot spa.
- Prepare a foot soak. Soak your feet for 10-30 minutes, then towel dry.
- Clean your feet with a towel and remove any remaining dirt, especially under your toenails.
- Use a foot scrub to massage and exfoliate your feet, rinse and towel dry.
- Apply moisturizing foot lotion (or body lotion).
- Wipe off lotion from the toenail area if you’re going to paint your nails afterwards.
Foot Soak / Foot Detox Recipes:
- Aromatherapy Foot Soak: Mix a few drops of peppermint oil or lavender oil with warm water.
- Almond and Milk Soak: Add 1 tablespoon of almond oil and 1 cup of powdered milk into a bowl of warm water.
- Honey Foot Soak: You need to mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of liquid soap, and 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil. Dissolve in warm water.
- Sea Salt Soak: Pour half a cup of sea salt into a tub of warm water.
- Epsom Salt Soak: Just add epsom salts to any foot soak of your choice if your feet are swollen.
- Ultimate Salt Soak: Add 1 cup of Epsom salts, 1 cup of sea salt, and 2 cups of baking soda in an airtight container. Use the mixture for future foot bath detox.
- Salt and Ginger Soak: Mix 1 cup of Epsom salts and 2 tablespoons of ginger into a tub of warm water.
- Salt and Tea Detox Soak: Put 1 cup of Epsom salts, 1 peppermint tea bag and 1 chamomile tea bag in a basin of hot water. Let the teabags steep for 10 minutes.
Foot Scrub Recipes:
- Sugar Scrub: Exfoliate your feet with a sugar scrub and a pumice stone.
- Sugar and Olive Oil Scrub: Mix sugar with olive oil.
- Sea Salt Scrub: Combine 1 cup sea salt and 1/4 cup olive oil, almond oil, or baby oil.
- Peppermint Foot Scrub: Mix 1 cup of sugar, olive oil or coconut oil, and a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Oatmeal and Aloe Vera Scrub: Grind into a blender 1/4 cup of uncooked oatmeal. Add 1/4 cup sea salt and 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel.
Credits: wikihow.com, dailyglow.com, ehow.com, theidearoom.net