Uni-Pak Mackerel with Lemon Caper Butter Sauce Recipe + Giveaway (CLOSED)
As a SAHM of two, my chores at home never really gets done. I cook, I clean, I run errands.. always getting swamped with the daily hullabaloos. Buti na lang there are ready-to-eat and easy-to-cook food products that I can serve my family whenever I feel like doing shortcuts in the kitchen.
So just recently I received a Uni-Pak Mackerel gift pack and I was so excited to try cooking new dishes with it. 🙂
A post shared by 💜 shaney (@amethystine) on
Uni-Pak: High Quality Brand
UNI-PAK Mackerel is manufactured by SLORD DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, a manufacturer of canned goods that has been in the business of import, export, retail, distribution, and manufacturing since April 15, 1985. The company adheres to strict quality control standards, therefore using only the freshest ingredients and up-to-date processing and packing facilities. In fact the brand’s endorser, Ms. Kris Aquino, also gives her seal of approval for the product.
Mackerel and its Health Benefits
Did you know that eating Mackerel will boost your health? As an oily fish, it helps prevent heart disease, it is anti-carcinogenic, controls blood pressure levels, and it is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, protein, and vitamin D.
Uni-Pak Mackerel with Lemon Caper Butter Sauce
For my Uni-Pak Mackerel recipe, I only used 4 ingredients: mackerel, lemon, butter, and capers. The big can is super sulit, with big chunks of mackerel meat. Actually, Uni-Pak’s mackerel can be eaten as is kasi may spices na siya, but it’s also fun to experiment with all the yummy recipes you can come up with.
I have a leftover bottle of capers from my last Spanish Sardines Pasta meal so I’ve decided to use it for this dish. I started adding capers to my dishes after I tried Figaro’s Al Tonno Pasta. Its sharp and salty taste add interesting dimensions to any dish, especially when they’re pickled in vinegar.
This rich yet refreshing sauce is often paired with fish fillets, but my recipe turned out delish! 🙂 Try it!
- 425 g (15 oz) Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural Oil
- 1 lemon (for lemon juice and lemon zest)
- 1 - 2 tbsp butter
- 1 - 2 tbsp capers
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Remove mackerel from can. Set aside liquid.
- Fry mackerel on medium heat, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to serving plate.
- In a small pot, add butter, 1-2 tbsp mackerel liquid/juice, lemon zest (grated lemon skin), capers, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Heat pot for 1 minute. Turn off heat then add lemon juice (slightly squeeze half of lemon).
- Pour lemon caper butter sauce on top of fried mackerel. Serve with hot rice.
- Adjust to preferred sourness level by reducing or adding more lemon juice.
At dahil Pak na Pak ang mood ko dahil sa sarap ng Uni-Pak Mackerel, one of my readers will win a Uni-Pak gift pack by simply liking our Facebook pages and sharing this recipe. Open to PH residents only.
To join my Uni-Pak Mackerel x Purple Pieces Blog giveaway, follow these easy steps:
- Like Uni-Pak Mackerel Facebook Page: facebook.com/unipakmackerel/
- Like Purple Pieces Facebook Page: facebook.com/purplepieces/
- Share this blog post on Facebook and/or Twitter and use these hashtags: #tatakunipak, #paknapak and #unipak. Use the social media share buttons above or copy the URL. Set your status to PUBLIC so I can count your entry.
- 1 share = 1 entry
- Winner will be announced on Monday, July 10 (EXTENDED until July 14, Friday!).
Good luck and happy cooking with Pak na Pak Uni-Pak Mackerel! 🙂