Why Vita Cubes Jelly Candy is 2Good for my Kids
Vita Cubes Jelly Candy + Vitamins
What is something that’s shaped like a cube, coated with sugar, vitamin-packed, and comes in five fruity flavors? Yes you’ve got that right — Vita Cubes!
Celebrating its 2 years in the market, Vita Cubes is still one of the favorite sweet treats of Filipino children. Its yummy-gummy fruity flavors – strawberry (red), apple (green), grape (purple), orange (orange), and mango (yellow) — is always a hit with the kids (and sometimes with the grown-ups too!) Cool right?
What’s even cooler is that Vita Cubes is not your ordinary jelly candy. It’s a candy + vitamins combo, meaning your kids get to enjoy that ‘sugar happy’ feeling without making you feel guilty.. AT ALL. 🙂
Fortified with Vitamins and Minerals
Aside from its delicious taste, Vita Cubes is fortified with essential vitamins and minerals that are needed for your child’s growth and development.
- Lysine (contains 70% of the child’s RENI). Aids the body in proper growth and energy production. Also helps in calcium absorption.
- Zinc (contains 70% of the child’s RENI). Zinc is known to help in proper functioning of the immune and digestive systems, energy metabolism, and in increasing the rate of healing for wounds.
- Vitamin A (contains 40% of the child’s RENI). Helps in increasing the body’s immunity to fight infections and ensures healthy eyes and bone development.
- Vitamin B (supplies 30-70% of the child’s RENI). Promotes growth and strength. Stimulates child’s memory in their formative years. Helps boost the oxygen circulation in the body, especially the brain, which in turn will improve concentration.
- Vitamin C (supplies 30% of the child’s RENI). Helps form and repair red blood cells, bones, and tissues. Helps your child’s gums stay healthy. Strengthens your child’s blood vessels, minimizing bruising from falls and scrapes. Helps cuts and wounds heal, boosts the immune system, and keeps infections at bay. Helps the body absorb iron from food sources.
- Vitamin E (supplies 45% of the child’s RENI). Boosts the immune system and helps the body fight germs. Keeps blood vessels open wide enough for blood to flow freely. Helps the cells of the body work together to perform many important functions.
We grew up in a society that labels candies (and sugary snacks in general) as [bad] junk food, but Vita Cubes is totally in a different league. I believe that as a parent, I must always choose what’s best for my children.. so instead of giving them candies and sweets with no nutritional value, I’ll serve them packs after packs of Vita Cubes instead. 🙂
In fact I often include Vita Cubes in the bento boxes that I make. Z’s Adventure Time inspired Jake bento got sweet little treats on the side. 🙂
How Much & Where to Buy
Yumminess? Check. Vitamin-enriched? Check. Affordability? Check na check! One box (containing 10 pieces of 50g pack) is priced at PhP 12.00 and the Vita Cubes Singles is only PhP 1.00 per piece. Perfect treats for kids who will be trick or treating this Halloween!
You can purchase Vita Cubes at all Mercury Drug outlets, SM Supermarkets, Robinson’s Supermarkets, Waltermart, Landmark, Puregold, and other leading supermarkets and local grocery stores nationwide, and also in Mini Stop outlets. Vita Cubes Singles are available at sari-sari stores, supermarkets, and local grocery stores.
Vita Cubes 2Good Fun Day
I was invited by Mommy Lani of Mommy Bloggers Philippines (thanks Mommy Lani and Mommy Louisa!) to join the Vita Cubes 2Good Fun Day at Active Fun Bonifacio High Street. I almost declined her invitation because the venue is on the other side of my world, but I’m glad that I did because my son and my sister really enjoyed their awesome jelly candy day.
We arrived when the program was just about to start (Metro Manila traffic can be so persistent, y’know.) The host introduced us to Vita Cubes jelly candies and the benefits the kids will get from then. He also mentioned a few fun surprises we’ll all be having throughout the event – games for kids and mommies, raffle prizes to be given away, scrumptious afternoon snacks, and more child & mom bonding activities.
One seasoned mommy blogger, Frances Amper Sales of Topaz Horizon, was also there to share her experiences as a mom and how she enjoys giving Vita Cubes to her children.
I was also able to meet a few gorgeous mommies from Mommy Bloggers Philippines. Since it was officially my first event from MBP that I’ve attended, I was too shy to make friends (and even it wasn’t my first time, I would still be the same introvert mom silently sitting in a corner by herself, hahaha!) It was nice meeting you, mommies of MBP! 🙂
My son found himself comfortably lounging in the kids’ area while he nibbled on Vita Cubes singles. He was able to take a few trips to the candy buffet that’s jam-packed with Vita Cubes jellies.
Quoting Julia Child, “A party without cake is just a meeting.” True indeed! At the party, the children were given their own mini cakes to decorate as part of their activities. Z and L got busy topping theirs with whipped cream, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, marshmallows, rainbow sprinkles, and of course, Vita Cubes jelly candies! Who would’ve thought that Vita Cubes would make adorable cake accents?
Games, games, and more games!
Z joined the Longest Breath game but unfortunately, he didn’t win. He said he had fun, though. 🙂
We made our way to the buffet table [after a few more games] to get our meals. Yummo!
The kids were also treated to a magic show performance. After the show, Z asked me to teach him some magic tricks. I just told him we’d watch some magic tricks tutorial videos on YouTube LOL.
When the party ended, we were given a bag of Vita Cubes goodies (yay!) then we headed to the Flipbook booth to get our flipbook souvenir — a sequence of fun pictures turned into a mini book. Flipbook animation ftw!
Vita Cubes Goodies
Z & N also received free passes to Active Fun’s play area. Thank you Rebisco, Vita Cubes, and Mommy Bloggers Philippines for yet another fun-filled kiddie event! 🙂